Saturday, December 19, 2009

President's Message



Greetings Dogwooders.

Christmas is almost here and the festivities at Dogwoods Virginia Beach rally are a memorable part of the holiday season. I’m sure I speak for everyone that was there when I say THANKS to the Hicks, Greenwoods and Cummings, for their hard work in hosting another very successful rally.

Elsewhere in this issue of eNews is the 2010 schedule for Dogwood rallies. It looks like a fairly full schedule except that we need hosts to assist the Schoolers with a mid September rally and we need host(s) for the December rally. If you haven’t signed up to host a rally or if you are a newer member of Dogwood and haven't experienced the joy of hosting , please consider volunteering for one of these two. All it takes is one member couple to sign up and then we should be able to easily find a co-host to work with you.

In just a little over two weeks Carolyn and I will be leaving for warmer weather. This year we’re going to Texas and then who knows where. The flexibility to go where we want when we want is one of the few benefits I’ve found to growing older. As I think about it, this isn’t really true. I have to be back for the Doctors appointments in early April. Hmmmmmm. Maybe there isn’t any benefit to getting older.

Carolyn and I both send best wishes to each and every one of you for a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year. We look forward to seeing you in the spring unless of course our paths cross this winter.

Y'all travel safe,

Mann

No comments:

Most Viewed Posts in Last 30 Days