Friday, February 13, 2009

President's Message


Greetings Dogwood Members,

Dogwood chapter has been successful as an organization for over ten years thanks in large part to the great group of people that make up the membership and work together to make our rallies enjoyable social experiences. At our last rally I was struck by the cooperation and volunteerism as we were talking about future activities. I've belonged to many organizations through the years and there have been very few that can even begin to compare to Dogwood in this respect. This makes me especially proud to serve as president. My hope is that I can provide the small amount of leadership needed for this group in a manner that’s transparent. I don't want to get in the way.

With this in mind, I'd like to share with you one area that I think we can all work on to improve the likelihood of continued success for Dogwood. Communications in the group have sometimes broken down when membership records were either out of date or members attempted to communicate with outdated membership lists. To avoid these issues in the future, we need to maintain and utilize accurate and up to date records of our membership on a consistent basis. I've asked Carolyn, my wife and Dogwoods Newsletter Editor to use some of her expertise gained from her previous work experience in the information systems field to devise and document procedures that we'll use to maintain membership records from this point forward. Carolyn will present the results at our next business meeting at the Fort Monroe rally in the spring. In the meantime, you should have already seen a first draft of the new membership directory. Additionally, my hope is that you'll all find the new method of delivering Dogwood news a step in the right direction. Be sure to check out the new membership photo directory that I've been working on for quite some time. If your picture is missing or you don't like the one included, feel free to send me one that you'd like to see included. I'll be glad to make updates.

Carolyn and I are currently in Texas where the weather has been pretty fair and there's an abundance of good beef BBQ and country music. Life is good! We look forward to seeing many of you at the spring rally. In the interim, we wish each of you safe travels and good times.

Mann

No comments:

Most Viewed Posts in Last 30 Days