Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Alaska 2013


by Richard Bonewitz

2013 It’s “ North to Alaska” The plan is to leave in early June and return in late Aug. So far we have six Dogwooders who are interested. We will spend the next 18 plus months researching and planning the trip. I already have my 2011 “ Milepost” publication [purchased on Amazon] that is loaded with great info and maps for the trip. We will be sharing our plans at future Dogwood outings and will be looking for inputs and ideas to help make this a fantastic trip. Elle and I have been thinking about this trip ever since we purchased our RV in 2007. Well at least I have been thinking about it. After looking at the cost of joining a caravan we figured that with all the talent in Dogwood we could put together a very safe professional trip. We certainly have plenty of time to plan and save for the trip. The distance to Anchorage is about 4000 miles, so at approximately $4.00/gal, well you get an idea of what we’ll need to save. I know it’s early, but if you have any input please contact me www.rwitz@aol.com 

Most Viewed Posts in Last 30 Days