Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Members recovering from illness or surgery

We received word that several Dogwood members have been very ill or undergone surgery.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers and let us know if there are others whom we did not mention.

Clint Allen is in the hospital in Florida.  He had a bad gallbladder infection that went into sepsis and toxic shock. He will most likely be in the hospital for several weeks for this serious illness.  Obviously this is a difficult time for Clint and Pat being away from their home, family and friends.  If you would like to send the Allens a note, they are staying at the Citrus Hills RV Park, 5401 Boca Grande Circle, Dover FL 33527.  Clint is at the Brandon Regional Hospital (Patient - Clint Allen), 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon FL  33511, 813 681-5551                                        

Connie Tilman wrote "I was hospitalized from Jan. 30 to late in the evening on Feb. 4 for ATG serum treatment for my autoimmune blood disease called aplastic anemia.  I had some reactions to the serum while hospitalized but have been doing really well since released.  I was given some Leukine shots to help me make white blood cells so I'm not having the problems with no immunities that I had after my past two treatments for this disease.  I have to go to my doctor on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays for blood checks and infusions as necessary.  Platelets will be my biggest need for a while.  This hospitalization was the treatment that began with  my nose bleed caused by low platelets that happened on Dec. 20.  The Tilman coach has not been out of the garage and Ed says he's spent the winter keeping the fire in the wood stove going!  Looking forward to adventures later this year." 


Dennis Reid is recovering from knee replacement surgery.  



Paul Cummings is recovering from shoulder surgery, for the second time, Jan. 4.  He will be six months in recovery after re-injury with no 3rds possible.  Needless to say, they are  home for a while.

Most Viewed Posts in Last 30 Days